PSFS LVC 13 Oct 2022
13 Oct 22
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Facilitation – A Primary Scrum Skill
Once you get beyond the foundations of agility, where should you focus your learning next? Everyone has different needs but a common skill required by all agilists is facilitation.
The Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ course is an interactive course designed to help all agilists, not just Scrum Masters, to develop a facilitator’s mindset, proficiency in facilitation skills, and learn when and how to select effective techniques for various circumstances.
Most agile approaches put problem-solving and decision-making in the hands of the Team. However, team interactions don’t always go well. Sometimes team members lose sight of goals, don’t fully engage and/or can’t reach agreement. Effective facilitation can guide the team toward their desired outcomes.
In this one-day skills-building course, participants will learn how to become better facilitators to improve interactions with their Teams, stakeholders and customers. They will focus on how to adopt facilitation as a stance and address a series of common scenarios by applying several facilitation techniques that they can add to their collection of agile practices.
They will create and leave with their own facilitation “plan” to improve their next team discussion.
Course Learning Objectives
- Develop facilitation skills and a facilitator’s mindset
- Learn the facilitation principles that experienced facilitators fall back on when interactions are difficult
- Understand the roles that facilitation principles play in enhancing healthy collaboration in Teams
- Explore how facilitation can address challenging scenarios most Teams encounter
- Apply facilitation skills and techniques to improve interactions
- Understand how to encourage diverse perspectives, while bringing the team together to reach decisions
- Experience the elements of group dynamics and how they influence the decision-making process
- Leave class with a toolbox of facilitation techniques and understand how to apply them in different circumstances
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for:
- Scrum Masters and any Scrum Team member interested in learning how to use facilitation to enhance their team’s success
- Scrum Coaches, Agile Coaches and Consultants
This course is not suitable for professionals with little Scrum knowledge or experience.
Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills assessment.
Our founder, Derek Davidson, has invested years into the study of Scrum. As a result, he is Europe’s highest qualified Scrum Trainer. He has invested decades of study into teaching technical material for adults. Consequently, his Scrum courses are chock full of exercises, and simulations and they make the learning experience fun and engaging. Experience for yourself why Derek earns unsolicited feedback like this:
Derek also calls on decades of experience, working in multiple industries. Therefore, his courses are imbued with a richness of real-world applications and solutions. His many students attest to his ability to bring these experiences to the fore and add colour to your Scrum course. In conclusion, you can trust us with your Scrum training needs. Thousands of students and hundreds of organisations already have, as our testimonials will show! Why not join them and gain the benefits of Scrum training with Turbo Scrum? We look forward to welcoming you onto one of our Scrum courses.
Venue: Live Online Course Delivery
This course will be delivered online so your venue is wherever you choose to connect from! Predominantly, we use Zoom to deliver our classes.
Here’s the equipment you’ll need to join:
- A computer, or tablet, with audio, video and microphone (please use a headset or earphones to avoid feedback)
- A fast and secure internet connection
- An excellent browser (Google Chrome works best, Internet Explorer does not work)
- If you can, download and install the Zoom application